This recipe is one of Hugh Acheson’s – we just ordered his new cookbook A New Turn in the South, and this recipe was part of a preview in the local paper!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb fresh chanterelles
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp finely chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, cold
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices toasted baguette
Heat fry pan over medium high heat and add olive oil when hot. Add chanterelles and cook for 4 minutes without moving them around too much. Add sherry vinegar and lemon juice and cook down until fully reduced. Add stock and reduce by half (you are not exactly reducing so much as hydrating the mushrooms). Add the rosemary, thyme, parsley and butter. Stir with wooden spoon to incorporate the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon chanterelles over toasted bread. Serves 4.