The recipe below is Emeril’s, and we made (more or less) what you see below and served it over some delicious grits. You can go to the original recipe here.
- Olive oil
- 1/4 pound oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 8 medium-size shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup red wine
Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Add the mushrooms and saute until the liquid is released and they are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and the garlic and saute until the onions soften, about 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Carefully add the wine and cook until it reduces by 3/4. Check seasoning and serve.