This salad tastes fresh and is perfect for summer. The sesame oil adds a nice, light asian flavor, but you could substitute olive oil if you prefer.
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- 2 large ripe Haas avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup canola/olive oil blend
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Combine tomatoes, onion, and dressing, to taste, and toss to combine. Add avocado and gently mix, being careful not to break up the avocado too much. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
This was originally Bobby Flay’s recipe, but we tweaked it a bit.